About the HCS Library Media Center
About The Library Media Center
Library Media Center Staff:
Ms. Janice Houghton – Library Services Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Dayle Trentadue – Library Assistant
Library Media Center Hours: Monday-Friday 7:20am - 3:30pm
- All HCS students are issued IndyPL cards and expected to carry them for use at school and home.
- A student’s library card number provides FREE access to extensive, research quality online resources such as databases, ebooks and audiobooks. Library cards also provide access to downloadable music.
- Students are responsible for any materials checked out on their card. There is a $5.00 fee to replace lost library cards.
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks and may be renewed online or in person.
- Students may request materials from other IndyPL locations to be delivered to Heritage for check out.
- When a book is several weeks overdue it will be declared “lost” by the library system. Once a book is declared lost, the cost of the book plus a $5.00 processing fee will be charged to the student’s account. If a “lost” item is returned the book cost is refunded, but not the processing fee. HCS does not charge daily fines for overdue books.
- Sign up on IndyPL.org to receive email or text message notices & receive reminders 3 days before items are due.
Library Media Center Resources
- The HCS Library has 24 desktop computers and 2 laptops available for individual students to use or to be scheduled for whole classes.
- The HCS Library has over 8,000 books on site and access to over 2,000,000 items through our partnership with the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library system.
- IndyPL delivers requested items twice each week. All students have 24/7 computer access to the "Sherloc" library catalog and over 80 online databases with their IndyPL library cards
Library Media Center Mission and Vision
- The mission of the Heritage Christian School Library Media Center is to serve the faculty, staff, students and families of the HCS community with materials, resources and information necessary to achieve the educational goals of the school and encourage life-long learning in support of the school’s mission, vision and core values.
- The vision of the Heritage Christian School Library Media Center is to create life-long learners by equipping students to access, evaluate, utilize and enjoy information and ideas.
Accessing Heritage owned online resources:
1. From the HCS Library page click on the link for: World Book Online or Follett Shelf eBooks
2. Enter the user name & password
World Book User name: heritagechr Password: eagles
Follett Shelf User name: heritage Password: eagles
3. Begin your search.